Green and copper

For todays cards, I had a little play with my water-colour paints and tried out different ways of using them with a stamped image. The inspiration for these cards came from the Chocolate Baroque challenge, and one of their stamps I have recently purchased.

The stamp is ‘Rose Script’ and I loved the simplicity of the design, incorporating its own background with the script behind the rose, and the sentiments that come with the stamp set are going to be used a lot in my crafting – I can tell!

The challenge was a colour swatch of the greens, and one metallic element – copper. I realised that the only copper item I possessed was an embossing powder from Cosmic Shimmer, so I that’s where I started. Do I emboss the stamp? Do I emboss the sentiment? How about an embossed edging to the card? As I was in a conundrum – I decided to do them all….in conjunction with some water colouring.

I know, I just started to play with water colouring – and loving it. It may not be technically correct, it may not be what is taught in class rooms around the world – but in my little personal universe (I call it the Loopylooverse) – I’m enjoying playing and creating.

The darkest coloured card I started by embossing the stamped image in copper, wet down the whole piece of card, and just swept my water-colour greens across the image. I liked how some of the colours pooled within some parts of the embossed image, especially on the leaves, and decided to let it dry as it was.

Another piece of water-colour card and I embossed the stamp in clear embossing powder, and again swept the colours across the image. The embossing resisted the water-colours, highlighting the stamp. I added sentiment in the copper embossing powder, and also edged the piece in the ‘Be Creative’ double-sided sticky tape (again) added embossing powder, heat setting it, which created another dimension on the card.

The third card was a little mistake – but I actually like it. I wet the card, swept my colours over it, dried it with my heat tool, then stamped over that with my Ranger perfect Medium. I couldn’t see the stamp, so I wet the card again, and took most of the colour away, and it left the stamped image with an outline in the three different greens.

As I had used quite a bit of colour with those three cards, I decided to do a fourth (I had cut my A4 water colour card into four pieces) quite plain and simple. I stamped the image and embossed in copper. I used a small amount of each of the three green colours to a different part of the image, but I wanted most of it clean. The darkest green is on the stem, then the next two greens are on three of the leaves. That’s it. I put it down and refused to add any further detail, as occasionally I don’t know when to stop!

I used Crafters Companion water colour card, Gansai Tambi water colours, Chocolate Baroque stamp set – ‘Rose Script’, Cosmic Shimmer copper embossing powder.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10 thoughts on “Green and copper

  1. Great to see all of your experiments with the challenge colours and the stamp set. All of the versions you have made look just great. Thanks so much for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, and we hope to see you back for the next one! Judith xx

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s