Hi everyone. It’s been a few days since I last made a card – never mind posted anything to my blog or Instagram. It has been busy at work, and we have had painters in doing my downstairs rooms – still ongoing – but they have stored many things upstairs. Even in my craft room!! Well – that had to change quickly……
I made a couple of cards yesterday, which I had been thinking about for a few days. The first is for the current challenge at AAA Cards – rainbow theme, and Inkspirational – make a card in less than 10 minutes.
Here is the card:
My sister came over from Canada with my Altenew markers earlier this week – I picked her up from London and arrived home at 3.30 am!! – but I made the colours of this sentiment with the markers. In my head I was singing…..wait for it…..red and yellow and pink and green and orange and purple and blue…..so that’s the order I did the colours.
I put them down on a piece of card, backed the card with double sided sticky tape, die cut the sentiment and adhered it to the card base. The added small sentiment stamped straight onto the card base.
All-in-all, this card took me 7 minutes and 40 seconds to make, so quite a quick card. All the thinking about what to do was made beforehand and I made sure I had everything ready and nearby.
I’m going to try and colour properly with these markers over the weekend – I’ll let you know how it goes. I am a complete novice when it comes to using alcohol markers, so I am excited to be able to play with them.
The second card is made using the colours from Color Throwdown – black, white, copper – and also using die cutting as the theme for the current challenge at Die Cutting Divas:
I used black card and die cut the Reverse Confetti ‘Striped Circles die‘, but tried to leave a few of the bits in. I put double sided sticky tape over the back of the areas left inside the die cut, then stuck that down to a white card base.
I then took some white card, put down some double-sided sticky tape, added copper embossing powder, and heat set it. I die cut some of the new Catherine Pooler leaf dies from this, and once those were die cut, I put them through a little floral embossing folder to give them some pattern and dimension.
I then took the capital ‘H’ from the Altenew ‘Mega alphabet dies‘, and the ‘I’ from another alphabet die set, cut it from another piece of copper heat embossed card, and stuck down as you see.
As I have been out of the loop for a few days, I’m looking forward to crafting more. My sister is also a card maker, and whilst she is here in the UK, I think she wants to try my Catherine Pooler inks……and I’ve recently acquired even more colours……I can’t wait to try them. I am thinking at least a colour swatch…..that’ll be fun too.