Rainbow hello and colours

Hi everyone. It’s been a few days since I last made a card – never mind posted anything to my blog or Instagram. It has been busy at work, and we have had painters in doing my downstairs rooms – still ongoing – but they have stored many things upstairs. Even in my craft room!! Well – that had to change quickly……

I made a couple of cards yesterday, which I had been thinking about for a few days. The first is for the current challenge at AAA Cards – rainbow theme, and Inkspirational – make a card in less than 10 minutes.

Here is the card:

20180803_170022

My sister came over from Canada with my Altenew markers earlier this week – I picked her up from London and arrived home at 3.30 am!! – but I made the colours of this sentiment with the markers. In my head I was singing…..wait for it…..red and yellow and pink and green and orange and purple and blue…..so that’s the order I did the colours.

I put them down on a piece of card, backed the card with double sided sticky tape, die cut the sentimentΒ  and adhered it to the card base. The added small sentiment stamped straight onto the card base.

All-in-all, this card took me 7 minutes and 40 seconds to make, so quite a quick card. All the thinking about what to do was made beforehand and I made sure I had everything ready and nearby.

I’m going to try and colour properly with these markers over the weekend – I’ll let you know how it goes. I am a complete novice when it comes to using alcohol markers, so I am excited to be able to play with them.

The second card is made using the colours from Color Throwdownblack, white, copper – and also using die cutting as the theme for the current challenge at Die Cutting Divas:

20180803_170036

I used black card and die cut the Reverse Confetti ‘Striped Circles die‘, but tried to leave a few of the bits in. I put double sided sticky tape over the back of the areas left inside the die cut, then stuck that down to a white card base.

I then took some white card, put down some double-sided sticky tape, added copper embossing powder, and heat set it. I die cut some of the new Catherine Pooler leaf dies from this, and once those were die cut, I put them through a little floral embossing folder to give them some pattern and dimension.

20180803_170053

I then took the capital ‘H’ from the Altenew ‘Mega alphabet dies‘, and the ‘I’ from another alphabet die set, cut it from another piece of copper heat embossed card, and stuck down as you see.

As I have been out of the loop for a few days, I’m looking forward to crafting more. My sister is also a card maker, and whilst she is here in the UK, I think she wants to try my Catherine Pooler inks……and I’ve recently acquired even more colours……I can’t wait to try them. I am thinking at least a colour swatch…..that’ll be fun too.

πŸ™‚

A single rose

20180422_101146

Hello all. I had a few days last week where my mojo left me, but then I had a delivery from Create and Craft of the latest Stamps By Me release – stamps and dies. So – my mojo arrived back – and boy did it arrive back……I created 5 – yes, 5!! – cards yesterday, and this is one of them. I didn’t want to overload the blog, so I will be posting the rest over the next few days.

They were all created taking inspiration from current challenges, and I started this card using the colours from Hand Stamped Sentiments, with the theme being Natures Beauty from Try It On Tuesday – which certainly matched all the new stamps and dies which arrived.

I began by using my Tim Holtz glass mat yet again, laying down some blue from Catherine Pooler (my Stampin Up Soft Sky has seen better days!), adding a spritz of water, and running some water-colour card through it.

Whilst that was drying, I stamped the rose, and water-coloured it with Flirty Flamingo and Lemon Lime Twist, letting one layer dry, before adding a second layer for some darker areas on the flower and rose.

After the blue background was dry, I stamped the main rose image, which has some drawings and circles with it, then added the die cut rose on top. A sentiment from the same stamp set, stuck onto a white base card, and some black Nuvo drops, and the card was done.

I shall be entering the following challenges:

Hand Stamped Sentiments Flirty Flamingo, Soft Sky, Lemon Lime Twist

Try It On TuesdayNatures Beauty

QKR Stampedeanything goes

Thanks so much

20180404_175451

Hello there. I have a card to share with you today incorporating a technique I haven’t used for a while – gilding flakes. I wish I had remembered I had them when I was doing the other foil sentiment!

I began by using a stencil from Imagination Crafts, and spraying Cosmic Shimmer ink spray mist ‘Chic Pumpkin‘ through it. I masked the upper part of the card to follow the current MFT sketch challenge. Whilst that was drying, I covered a piece of black card with a double sided sticky sheet, and die-cut ‘thanks’ (Stamps By Me) several times. On the remainder sticky piece, I added some Indigo Blu gilding flakes ‘Autumn Blaze‘ and then die cut the word again.

After stacking them together – made so much easier with double sided sticky sheets – I looked at placement on my card. I thought just the word ‘thanks’ was too – well – aggressive, really, so I used a Uniko sentiment for the ‘so much’.

The flowers are MFT ‘Sketchy Flowers‘ stamped then die-cut and arranged as you see. I did quite a few of them, but if I added more, then it just looked over-crowded.

Once I had the idea and techniques in my head, it actually didn’t take very long to put this card together, so now I have to go and use the rest of the flower images and make some more – such a difficult chore…….!!

I shall be entering the following challenges:

MFT sketch challenge

Pinspirational challengephoto inspiration (pink flowers)

Addicted to Stamps and Moreanything goes