Fall leaves and a teapot

Hello there. I have a few cards to share, so I won’t go into too much detail with each. It’s very wet and cool here at the moment, and though  we certainly need some rain, I also have my Aga turned off – problems with Aga and engineer coming to fix it!!!!! It does mean I can craft a little more than usual.

This first card is using the Concord and 9th ‘Thankful Leaves Turnabout Stamp‘ and matching die set:

20180826_111704

This stamp set is simply gorgeous, and so forgiving for a turnabout stamp. I stamped it on several different pieces, using different colours, but this one is using the colours for the current Color Throwdown Challenge. Don’t these colours work well together? I used Stampin Up ‘eggplant’ and ‘lemon lime twist‘, Catherine Pooler ‘Aquatini‘ and ‘grass skirt‘. Definitely going to do more of this…..

I will be entering the following challenges with this card:

Color Throwdownlime green, green, eggplant, aqua

Addicted to Stamps and Moreanything goes 

QKR Stampedeanything goes 

This second card:

20180826_111646

is using the colours from CAS Colours and Sketches and stamps from a previous Catherine Pooler Stamp of Approval collection. I didn’t have the specific Stampin Up colours, but substituted Catherine Pooler inks, which I think match quite nicely. Lining these stamps up for the different layers and colours was challenging, I must say…………

I shall be entering the following challenges with this card:

Pinspirationalphoto inspiration

CAS Colours and SketchesMango Melody, Merry Merlot, Poppy Parade 

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challengefood and/or drink 

and this third card:

20180826_111656

is what I put together after watching the Altenew ‘Watercolour Basics and Beyond – lesson 2′.

Using the Altenew Water-colour pan set, putting colour onto wet water-colour card, spritzing, then laying down a stencil – weighting it down with acrylic blocks – letting it dry – hey presto.

I shall be entering the current challenge at AAA Cardsuse a stencil.

I then added a layered die-cut sentiment as you see.

I did do another piece but I’m not sure what to do with this one – maybe use to die cut something, as I don’t really like it as it is:

20180826_111712

Now on to lesson three of this course………… 🙂

 

 

 

Rainbow hello and colours

Hi everyone. It’s been a few days since I last made a card – never mind posted anything to my blog or Instagram. It has been busy at work, and we have had painters in doing my downstairs rooms – still ongoing – but they have stored many things upstairs. Even in my craft room!! Well – that had to change quickly……

I made a couple of cards yesterday, which I had been thinking about for a few days. The first is for the current challenge at AAA Cards – rainbow theme, and Inkspirational – make a card in less than 10 minutes.

Here is the card:

20180803_170022

My sister came over from Canada with my Altenew markers earlier this week – I picked her up from London and arrived home at 3.30 am!! – but I made the colours of this sentiment with the markers. In my head I was singing…..wait for it…..red and yellow and pink and green and orange and purple and blue…..so that’s the order I did the colours.

I put them down on a piece of card, backed the card with double sided sticky tape, die cut the sentiment  and adhered it to the card base. The added small sentiment stamped straight onto the card base.

All-in-all, this card took me 7 minutes and 40 seconds to make, so quite a quick card. All the thinking about what to do was made beforehand and I made sure I had everything ready and nearby.

I’m going to try and colour properly with these markers over the weekend – I’ll let you know how it goes. I am a complete novice when it comes to using alcohol markers, so I am excited to be able to play with them.

The second card is made using the colours from Color Throwdownblack, white, copper – and also using die cutting as the theme for the current challenge at Die Cutting Divas:

20180803_170036

I used black card and die cut the Reverse Confetti ‘Striped Circles die‘, but tried to leave a few of the bits in. I put double sided sticky tape over the back of the areas left inside the die cut, then stuck that down to a white card base.

I then took some white card, put down some double-sided sticky tape, added copper embossing powder, and heat set it. I die cut some of the new Catherine Pooler leaf dies from this, and once those were die cut, I put them through a little floral embossing folder to give them some pattern and dimension.

20180803_170053

I then took the capital ‘H’ from the Altenew ‘Mega alphabet dies‘, and the ‘I’ from another alphabet die set, cut it from another piece of copper heat embossed card, and stuck down as you see.

As I have been out of the loop for a few days, I’m looking forward to crafting more. My sister is also a card maker, and whilst she is here in the UK, I think she wants to try my Catherine Pooler inks……and I’ve recently acquired even more colours……I can’t wait to try them. I am thinking at least a colour swatch…..that’ll be fun too.

🙂