The Alphabet Challenge has started a new challenge. We have reached the letter ‘V’, and Debbie has chosen the theme of ‘Vellum’. Here is my card:
I first took some vellum and applied alcohol inks, I think two or three shades of green, moved it around – generally played really – and set that aside to dry. Once dry, I die cut the leaves – snipping one and adding to the larger image – and adhered with wet glue.
The card base is created with some linen textured card, and an arch die cut added.
I added the foiled sentiment strip, and I felt the card was done. No embellishments – just a very CAS card.
I hope you can come and join us with your ‘vellum’; creations. xx
Hello. I have a CAS card to share using a Clearly Besotted stamp:
I stamped the image onto panel and coloured with Copics. I then stamped the sentiment in the same brown Gina K amalgam ink, cut the panel down to be slightly smaller than the card base, and adhered with 3D foam.
I decided the bear needed some grounding, so I added a little cool grey Copic shadowing.
Hello once again. The ABC Christmas Challenge is at the beginning of the alphabet again. Helen is hosting this time round, and we want to see your ‘A for Anything goes’ and ‘B for Bears’ Christmas creations. Here are my cards:
As you can see – two very different styles of cards.
The first CAS card is using s Clearly Besotted image, stamping, colouring with Copics, then using an oval to die cut, layering that white oval with black, then adding a foiled sentiment.
The second definitely not CAS card took a little more preparation.
I sprayed some Tim Holtz mica spray onto some Distress Heavystock card, splattered with white acrylic paint and set aside to dry.
I then totally channeled Tim Holtz from one of his YouTube videos, and die cut the bear from white and grey wood grain card stock, layered together, then added a pink scarf using a previously created ink smooshed panel.
The trees were die cut from a panel of card onto which I had glued some tissue paper, added water, added Brushos, then when dry added some gold wax. The die cutting of the trees flattened the ridges on the trees – but if you add the wax prior to die cutting then the detail is still there.
I snipped and placed the trees, added the bear, added some white glitter drops for the snow on the ground, then added the sentiment – die cutting the ‘board’ from the same white and grey card stock, and adding the letters in a haphazard fashion – I struggle with straight when I do a sentiment like this, so I went overboard with the higgledy-piggledy.
Hello once again. The Alphabet Challenge has started a new challenge, and as we have reached the letter ‘R’, Veronika has chosen the theme of ‘Reduce – make it clean and simple‘. Here is my card:
I used a frame from my stash – I forget the maker – and stuck a piece of patterned paper onto the back – then trimmed around the frame.
I stuck this down onto the card base with a strong glue.
I think the tree was a pre-cut piece from a kit, to which I added three gold strings, and then placed some gold facetted gems on top of the ‘loops’ of the string, adding a larger gem onto the top of the tree.
I’m looking forward to seeing your CAS cards in our gallery. xx
Hello. I’m quickly popping along to share a card created an older die set from Lawn Fawn:
I used the ‘mini string of lights’ and die cut out of silver glitter card stock, then die cut each light out of the rainbow card stock I had – a mixture of Heffydoodle card stock and an unknown brand from my stash.
The coloured pieces were glued onto the silver string and attached to the edge of the card.
The sentiment is a previously foiled strip from my stash.
I had some of this blue ‘creation’ card left over and decided to use it for this card.
The blue card was created by putting glue onto a plain white card, placing tissue paper on top – moving it around a little to create some wrinkles – spritzing it with water, and then adding Brushos. More water, some tipping to let the colour move around – and then let it dry.
Once dry, I rubbed some gold wax over the top to create some wrinkles, and then die cut the four letters. Rub the wrinkles before die cutting, as sometimes the wrinkles can be flattened a little.
I then die cut the same letters from white card stock another two times, and layered all three together.
The sentiment is from a previous foiling session.
I’ve tried to capture the shine and colour on the letters, as well as the dimension.
Hello. A little play in my craft room created this card:
Onto a Kraft card base I stamped and white heat embossed this gorgeous – older – poinsettia stamp from Uniko. I then used a couple of colours of pencils to darken the leaves. I haven’t used my pencils in such a long time and may have to try them out again in the near future.
I also white heat embossed the sentiment, and added some white sequins.
A simple card – took a little planning – but I like the effect of the end results.