Hello there…..

I had some time to play in my craft room today to create this card with some dies from Honey Bee Stamps:

I decided to use the dragonfly from Honey Bee Stamps ‘Lovely Layers: bugs‘ for the first time. The wings were created by using a pink and a mustard alcohol ink and dropped them onto a piece of vellum – let them move around a little – and die cut the wings from the reverse side – catching some pink and some of the yellow/mustard.

The body of the dragonfly is die cut from a previously created ink smooshed green panel, and the wings layered on top…….I had to check whether to glue them to the top of the bottom of the body first……for some reason my mind went blank.

I dry embossed a diagonal border onto a white panel – using the reverse of the embossing for the smaller lines – cut this panel down slightly, and adhered to the card base.

The greetings banner was created by die cutting the main banner three times, setting the sentiment part into the top one, and colouring the second layer with a pink Copic to get some pink to shine through the words.

The arch frame was die cut, then the middle of the arch is a piece of vellum which had been passed through the Xyron to enable it to stick to the base panel without having to worry about where to put dots of glue.

I shall be entering the following challenges:

Color Throwdown mustard, pink, green

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge anything goes

Everybody Art Challenge new

CYHTP embossing folder – option of borders taken

Sparkles Forumfriendship

Mix It Upanything goes – option of now stamping taken

From Me To You

The Alphabet Challenge has started a new challenge. We have reached the letter ‘V’, and Debbie has chosen the theme of ‘Vellum’. Here is my card:

I first took some vellum and applied alcohol inks, I think two or three shades of green, moved it around – generally played really – and set that aside to dry. Once dry, I die cut the leaves – snipping one and adding to the larger image – and adhered with wet glue.

The card base is created with some linen textured card, and an arch die cut added.

I added the foiled sentiment strip, and I felt the card was done. No embellishments – just a very CAS card.

I hope you can come and join us with your ‘vellum’; creations. xx

I shall be entering the following challenges:

Here Is A Place To Start anything goes

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge anything goes

Sparkles Forum friendship

Love To Craftanything goes

Mix It Up anything goes – option no stamping – option taken

Thanks A Bunch

I fancied doing some Copic colouring today and created this card:

I started by stamping this oldie but goodie stamp from Clearly Besotted. I then chose some Copics to create different coloured tulips, and die cut with the matching die. Clearly Besotted don’t do matching dies any more, and my Scan-n-cut comes into play with the newer stamp sets.

The patterned paper was a freebie with their current and new release – yep, I ordered it all!! – and I thought was a perfect background layer for these flowers.

I wanted a vase for the flowers, so turned to the Honey Bee die set I have, and used vellum……which doesn’t really show up very much, so I outlined it in white.

To get the ribbon on the bunch of flowers to come out of the top of the vase, I had to snip a little – but I think it works.

I then used my Xyron for the vellum – a handy tip from Daniel West on one of his classes – then stuck this down, and added 3D foam under the bouquet itself.

The dots are from a previous Crop and Create event from Doodlebug, and the sentiment is from the same Clearly Besotted stamp set.

I shall be entering the following challenges:

Creative Crafters Challenge anything goes

Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeEaster/Spring (colours and flowers)

Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends anything goes

Inkspirational – photo inspiration

The Four Seasons Challenge anything goes Spring (spring flowers and colours)

Crafty Friends Challenge Spring Colours

Die Cut Divasdie cuts and tic tac toe (first left column – at least 2 layers, yellow, flowers)

Alphabet Challenge – use vellum

Hello there. I am the host of the new challenge started at The Alphabet Challenge. We have reached the letter ‘V’, and we want to see your creations using ‘Vellum’. Here is my card:

The sunflower is a set of dies from Simon Says Stamp and die cut many times using Altenew card stock. I also used some yellow tinted vellum for some of the leaves and stuck them all to a circle die and added the centre of the sunflower on top.

The sentiment – I wanted big and bold – is die cut from black card stock several times and layered together, with a piece of the yellow vellum as the outline background – just for some added interest.

The dotted scallops cover panel from Lil Inker for some more interest in the background, and all stuck down onto a white card base.

I hope you can come and join us for this challenge – I’m looking forward to seeing your creations using vellum. xx

I shall be entering the following challenges:

Crafty Creations Challenge anything goes

Watercooler ChallengeOccasions

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challengeanything goes

Creative Moments Challenge anything goes

Seize The Birthday Birthday and use transparency or vellum

Creative Moment Blog Badge