Hello there. It’s been a few days since my last posting, and this card was meant to enter a particular colour challenge – which finished 10 minutes ago!! The card has been sitting on my craft table for a few days, with work getting in the way – blinking heck – and thinking what I could do to lighten the black background. When I finally decided what to do, took photos, sat down to write this post – one minute until the end of the one particular challenge – too late!
Hey Ho! Obviously meant to be…….
Anyhooooo…….there are many challenges out there at the moment with fall/autumn themes, and many of them with an option of using orange. Many of the challenges are themed around Halloween, which is not such a big thing in my life – or many people I know actually – so I just used the colours.
I seem to be having an ‘orange’ moment, so they seem to be suiting me at present. I am also playing more with water-colouring, trying different techniques, and so here we are with something new for me.
I started by stamping the Altenew ‘Charmed’ flowers onto water-colour card, using Versafine black onyx, and adding clear embossing powder the heat set the outlines of the flowers. I then turned to my Zigs for this particular card, using orange and yellow, and sort of mixing the two colours, staying with orange mainly for the larger flowers, mixed and blended with a little yellow, and yellow for the smaller flowers – or leaves, I can’t really tell what they are! Is there a butterfly in there too? Well – all orange or yellow!
I then turned to the back ground. I wanted to use black, but didn’t know how to do it, so I checked some YouTube videos, and just went for it. I wet down around the flowers, then touched my black Zig to the wet card, and it kinda just went where it wanted to. At some point, it was going too light and grey for me, so I added more black, then more black…..so the card ended up quite dark.
The sentiment is from the same stamp set, black onyx again, heat embossed.
So it sat there on my desk, whilst I played with some other projects…and sat there….and sat there…. I did think of adding some white splatters, or some shiny splatters, but I didn’t want the splatters on my flowers.
Lo and behold – my white gel pen shouted to me. I am sure it just jumped out of my little desk tidy and said ‘use me..‘. (I am sure it did.) 🙂
So, I added a few dots around the flowers, in triangles of three dots, then couldn’t stop…I kept adding until I had covered the entire black background. I am liking the effect it gives, I don’t know if there is a name for it, but I like it.
I will be entering the following challenges:
Give a Crafter a Cookie – photo inspiration
Moving Along With The Times – Autumn/Fall colors or images