Brushed Plaid background

20180429_181637

Hi there. One card to share today, and I think it makes quite a striking statement. The inspiration was taken from the current challenge from Just Us Girls – a photo inspiration:

I was immediately struck by the black and white with a pop of colour from the flowers. For the background I stamped my one and only Lil’ Inker Designs stamp – the ‘Brushed Plaid’. I also stamped it in a few more colours to see how it looked, and will be using those in the future for a trial with different coloured flowers.

The Altenew ‘Beautiful Day‘ flower, and some leaves which were extra from previous stamping and die-cutting sessions, and the whole added to a plain white base card.

I did decide to put the flower and leaves onto a die-cut circle, so it stood out more. I tried putting it onto the background itself, but even though the flower is a bright colour, it seemed to get lost a little.

I haven’t been able to do much crafting the past couple of days, but it is a Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK, and I have Friday off too – a four day weekend for me!! Yay!! And…….my Catherine Pooler Stamp of Approval box is waiting for me to pick it up at my local Royal Mail – plus customs and charges, of course! 😦

I am sure you will seeing some of creations from that collection……

You are awesome

20180422_183503

Good evening everyone. I couldn’t resist posting this card today. I couldn’t wait until tomorrow, as it is for the current challenge at Color Throwdown, and it finishes tomorrow, but I have a long day at work and may not have time to post.

The challenge colours are red, green, and white – I think I managed to stick to those colours……

I began by stamping the outline flower from Altenew ‘Beautiful Day‘ all over an 8 inch square panel, in a red Altenew ink. I then took some of the smaller leaf images from that same stamp set and filled in the gaps with a green ink. I wanted a veritable feast of flowers on this card, but not solid flowers. I trimmed it down slightly and put onto a white card base.

I then took the same stamp set, and used Altnew inks to stamp all four layers of the flower but this time I stamped the outline in black, as I wanted it to stand out from the background when I added it. I also did some of the leaves with three layers of the green inks. This is one of the stamp sets I don’t have the matching dies for – virtually unknown for me! – so I cut them out by hand. 😦

I then took the sentiment from Altenew ‘Super Script’ and cut that out four times in black card, and added the stamped and die cut sentiment on the top. This way it is a bold and dimensional sentiment.

As the card is so busy, I didn’t add any other embellishments – not even Nuvo drops!

Another thing I tried with this card that I learned from an Altenew online class – putting a piece of 3D foam under the outermost leaf when sliding the inner part under the main flower. I thought I’d try it:

20180422_183514

It looks better in real life…..

As mentioned previously, this card is to enter into the current Color Throwdown Challenge – using Red, Green, White