Altenew Beautiful Heart and Leaf Frame cover die

Hello there. I have just the one card to share today. I didn’t dare venture into my craft room after work until it had cooled down a little. So I watched some You Tube instead – that Yana Smakula does great colouring…….I might have to give it another try myself.

Anyway, this card was made to enter the current challenge at Just Us Girls. The challenge is to use Aqua, pink, and white. I made two versions of the card whilst I had the inks and stamps out:

20180724_17123120180724_170142

The second card I purposely took the photo at an angle so you could see the leaves and the dimension they give.

I first die cut the Altenew ‘Leaf Frame cover die‘ from white card stock. One I stuck directly onto the card base, the other I used 3D foam pads to raise it a little.

I used Altenew inks for the pink and aqua, and you can see I used the pink to stamp the flower and the three layers, but I only used the outline stamp for the leaves, omitting the other two layers for a cleaner look.

For the sentiments, I stamped one directly onto the card, and the other I did one of my favourite techniques – die cutting several times, and layering. I coloured the top layer with the aqua ink pad I had used for the leaves.

Have a good evening, and I’ll hopefully see you again very soon. 🙂

 

2 new techniques

Hell there. I have been trying two new techniques – well – new to me. I have never used alcohol markers to colour and image, and I have never used the ‘spotlight‘ technique. So I combined the two together.

20180708_12145820180708_121503

This flower is the not yet released ‘Beautiful Heart’ from Altenew. It was given to all of us who attended the Daventry day recently, and so were the four blue alcohol markers.

I watched some You Tube videos on alcohol marker colouring, and set to it. I coloured the whole flower – I didn’t realise how long this type of colouring takes. You really have to take your time and blend, don’t you?

I did this small flower in three separate stages, as I didn’t have the patience to do it all in one go. Maybe in the future – when I finally get my full set from Altenew from my sister – I’ll make sure to plan ahead with the colouring, and make more time. I am more of an instant kinda girl……

I stamped the flower onto a white base card using Versafine black onyx, then masked part of it so I could stamp some leaves. Then I die cut the centre of the coloured flower, and stuck it down – trying very hard to match the lines etc.

I also did it again after I had stamped the flower properly using all the layers and a yellow and orange ink from Catherine Pooler:

20180708_121441

So those are my two new techniques. Alcohol marker colouring, and spotlight stamping.

Whilst I had the stamp set out, and the masks cut to size, I decided to keep going and created some more birthday cards:

20180708_121607

I didn’t stamp all the layers of the leaves, but I am liking this orange and yellow combination.

The first blue card will be entered into the current challenge at Back To Basics and Beyond Challenges to use the spotlight technique, and the current Altenew July challenge.

The second birthday card will be entered into:

4 Crafty Chicksbirthday challenge

Seize the Birthday birthday +/- sequins (no sequins)