Lucky Stars

20180317_122106

Hell again. I have one card to show you today – but I will be in my craft room later having a go at colouring……I am finding it all depends on the card-stock and ink/pencils/pens you use. Maybe that’s why I seem to get it wrong quite often. I have been searching for hints and tips on’t’interweb……so we’ll see how that goes.

This ombre card was inspired by the current challenge at AAA Cards, as it isn’t a technique I have done a lot in the past, and I really struggle to blend the inks. I decided to try the blending with a range of different card stock – and I found my most major problem…..using the wrong kind of card!! I mean, really, how simple is that?

Anyhoo – onwards and upwards.

The layout is inspired by the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.

The stamps I used are from Uniko – the background and the sentiment. I first embossed the smaller star background and then blended some Altenew inks over the embossing. With this particular card, I found it quite easy – the blending tool moved easily over the card and embossing. It is the Crafters Companion Neenah card-stock, and I am finding I am liking this card for a lot of my stamping, too.

The main and larger star background is an embossing folder from Sue Wilson ‘Twinkle Twinkle’, a large A4 folder, so you can emboss pretty much any size card you are wanting for your project. I may have gotten carried-away because I then went in and stamped little ombre stars into the main embossing stars – I just couldn’t stop myself!

So, a quick posting, whilst I am preparing to go out into a snowy flurry – not settling thank goodness – to do my supermarket shop…….but it is very windy and blustery and snowy…….

CAS die cuts

20180219_090438

Good morning everyone. I have had a couple of hours this morning before I do my hospital run today, so I took inspiration from several challenges for this card.

I used the layout from the current sketch at CAS Colours and Sketches, used dry embossing for the tag for the challenges at Less Is More, and used only die cuts for the current challenge at AAA cards.

The black stripes were a challenge initially, but I remembered I had a vertical Stripes┬áplate die from Reverse Confetti. I cut that out from black card, and used the cut-out stripes – usually the waste – to lay down on the card.

I then took a tag die from Stamps By Me, and after cutting it out, I embossed it with a Sue Wilson folder called ‘Twinkle Twinkle’, and stuck down the┬ásentiment from the same tag die set, die cut with a piece of double-sided sticky sheet.

The three hearts are from a Catherine Pooler Stamp of Approval set.

A short posting today, but I hope you like it.