Rose Flurries Monochrome

Hello again. I am still creating as part of the Altenew 3D Floral Focus course, and this card is for Day 2 of that course:

Day 2 is about monochrome, and I feel even though the background die is quite complicated, the card itself has a clean and simple feel about it.

I first die-cut all the images from the Altenew 3D Rose Flurries out of white, then decided to cut a few more layers out of the light brown/kraft card and played around with the layers until I was happy. I did originally plan for three flowers, but I am pleased how this turned out with one flower.

I’ll just have to make another card – or two – with the remaining flowers!

I’ve also been trying Day three – using in-lay on the dies – but am really, really, struggling to get that right – I’ll keep at it – you may get to see an end result – but you may not!!!!

I shall be entering the following challenges:

Daisy Chain Challenge – Monochrome

Purple Rose Flurries

Hello again. I have a couple of cards as variation on the current theme inspired by Inkspirational:

20180517_13563420180517_135728

The theme is to use purple and gold, and so I turned to my ‘Rose Flurries 3D die set‘ from Altenew. I had a little play with them when I first got them, but took the opportunity this time to really have a play.

There was a lot of die-cutting – and no stamping! I had four variations of colour of purple, as I had a pack from Creative Expressions. I cut all of the layers of the roses in all four colours, and placed them in a variety of ways – some with the dark colour on the bottom, some with the dark colour on the top, and then some more just putting them in any old order!

I then cut the leaves in Creative Expressions gold card, but I didn’t layer them up, as I liked the look of them as they were.

The first card is the flowers and leaves layered onto a plain white background, but I added some detail to the background on the second card. This time I took the Altenew ‘Gradient Stripes cover die’, and cut it out of the gold card, then cut the ‘Watercolour stripes cover die’, and placed that on top – that way I had some gold in the background – but not too much.

I must say I enjoyed the faffing and fiddling when doing all that die-cutting, and even enjoyed the gluing part of it – though at times the flowers were sticking more to my fingers than each other……

Here are the cards at a different angle:

I tried to show the glimmer on the gold card, but it is really difficult…..

🙂