stripes and beauty

20180416_213431

Hello again everyone. I have a fairly simple card which came about completely unexpectedly. I went to try another technique from my Altenew class, and kinda got swept away with making this card.

20180416_213445

I took a piece of white card and die cut a large tag shape from Sue Wilson’s ‘Alexandra’ die set. After die cutting the Reverse Confetti ‘Vertical Stripes‘ out of black card – now horizontal stripes(!!) – I stuck it down on the back of the tag die cut piece, and stuck them both down onto a white base card.

I took a spare Altenew ‘Spring Daisy‘ that was just sitting there on my table, and matched that with the three layer leaves from Altenew ‘Perennial Beauty‘. I did want to use the Perennial Beauty flower, but it doesn’t matter what card I use, or what inks I use, it always comes out a hot mess. It looks nothing like a flower to me, but as the words and sentiments in that stamp set are fabulous – I’m going to keep it. I may try a colouring technique with it, as I think stamping the flower is a little too, well, messy, for me, but if I colour it, I may like to define things a little more.

I took the sentiments from Perennial Beauty and stamped in Versafine black onyx. No sequins, no Nuvo drops, no other additions – just the card as it is.

I shall be entering the following challenges:

QKR Stampede – anything goes

Just Us Girls – use black and white stripes

 

Spring Daisy

20180414_212220

20180414_212139

Hi there. I have been playing with new techniques today. I finally – finally – got around to watching some of the Altenew Academy classes I bought over the past, well, months, if not years.

These two cards were an attempt from inspiration from Laura Bassen and the ‘Clean, Simple, and Colorful techniques‘. That lovely woman certainly knows how to inspire – and don’t you just love her chat? I am laughing, and giggling, and learning – all in one go. Her attempt at the New York accent? Had me in stitches – though it is probably much, much better than I could do. Love it.

I decided to try the water-colour resist technique. I think that’s what it’s called….

I took the three colours from the current challenge at Color Throwdown and set to creating. I first stamped and heat embossed with clear the Altenew ‘Pattern Play – Hexagon‘ onto water-colour card. I then took Catherine Pooler’s ‘Aquatini‘, smooshed it onto my brand new Tim Holtz Glass Mat ink area (Yippee! and Yay!), wet down the water-colour card and used a water brush to dot and spread and generally mess around colouring the panel.

I added some extra depth of colour in some places, and  I really liked how the ink worked in this way.

Whilst that was drying, I stamped the flowers using Altenew inks, not realising there are only two layers – the outline and one shading. I decided to go over the stamped and shaded flowers with another yellow from my Zigs, and it still kept some of the detail in the flowers, I did the same with the leaves.

I used 3D glue gel to stick them onto the card base, stamped and adhered the sentiment, added some clear dew drop thingies, and there we are.

I am sure tomorrow will be spent looking st some more of the classes I haven’t got around to, if this is where they lead me.

I will be entering the following challenges:

Color Throwdownyellow, aqua, green, white

Water Cooler Challenges Occasion

Aud Sentiments challengebirthday

Addicted to Stampsmake your mark

Time Out ChallengeSpring (option of one layer – not used)