Clean and Simple colours

20180507_161031

Hi there. It’s been an absolutely fabulous Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK – temperatures in the mid to high twenties (centigrade) – very hot for me. I spent some time in my craft room as it is shaded and not too warm, and also because the current CAS Colours and Sketches challenge is coming to an end today.

The colours to use are Soft Sky, Berry Burst, and Sahara Sand. I chose to go the the rose from Uniko, because I have been getting lots and lots of Instagram postings from them for their new release coming very soon – all looks amazing – and it reminded me I have this rose stamp set.

The rose is actually an outline and base stamp set, but I really like this as it is – no inside colour at all on the rose or the leaves. I think it is very effective, and keeps things clean and simple.

I used Berry Burst to stamp my flower outline, then masked it off and stamped the leaves. I had to use an Altenew blue and brown, as I don’t have Soft Sky or Sahara Sand ink pads.

The MFT stitched rectangles cut my layers for me, and the sentiment is from Altenew. I was going for a one layer card – but realised I had cut my flower layer down before I remembered. Hey Ho! Them’s the breaks!

Have a good one, and I’ll hopefully catch you soon. 🙂

 

More Monsters

20180402_083727

Hell again. I have been doing a little crafting over the weekend, but nothing too major. I may be able to craft more later today, and I am sure I will let you know what I come up with.

This layout of this card was inspired by the sketch challenge from MFT, but initially I didn’t really have a clue about what theme I wanted to go with. My obvious go-to would be flowers, but I had a think about it for a few days.

Whilst I was sorting my stamp sets out into make, then alphabetical (OCD much??) – and found this ‘More Monsters’ stamp and die set. I then thought about a galaxy background – which I haven’t done many of – and decided to take an hour or so out of sorting and tidying to play.

I used Distress Oxides then Gansai Tambi splatters for the background, sticking that down beneath a plain white rectangle.

There are six monsters in the set, so I took 6 Catherine Pooler inks and stamped them all out. As these monsters are solid images, I knew these inks would be more suited for coverage.

After die-cutting them, I then played with the lay-out, stamped a greeting – there are quite a few in this stamp set – and there we are.

I obviously have 6 monsters of 6 colours, so I am currently playing with putting some more cards together along the same lines, and if I complete them today, I may add them to this posting later. Here is a close-up of the shiny splatters, using gold and white:

20180402_083748

I shall be entering the following challenges:

MFT sketch challenge –

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: anything goes

JUGS CAS challenge: