3 colours and 3D Rose Flurries

20180305_083013Hello everyone. After all the snow we had last week, (which I know is not a lot compared to some people, but we aren’t used to it), I managed to venture out on Friday to visit family. As I live in a wood and down a dirt track, I knew the post man wasn’t coming to make deliveries, so I called into the local Royal Mail centre to see if there was anything waiting to be delivered to us. (I was expecting some crafty goodness!)

And here we are………..the Altenew 3D Rose Flurries I’ve been trying to get my hands on for months. I’ve been playing with them all weekend – in between visiting family – and cutting them out in a multitude of colours – all monochrome at present. I’ll be daring to put them together with other colours soon, but I made this card to go into the current Color Throwdown Challenge – to use grey, Kraft, and pink.

The base grey card is Lawn Fawn ‘Narwhal’ (love it) and I stamped a flower with a pink Catherine Pooler ink for a background. I am amazed that this idea worked – stamping pink onto a dark grey card? It just shows how good these inks are.

I then die-cut the 3D roses and leaves, sticking them together with Crafters Companion spray glue (not sure about this glue, flowers seem to come apart the following day!!), and placing them onto the base card using 3D gel glue and foam pads.

Now for the mistake:

20180305_083117I stuck the roses on the wrong end! I wanted them to be at the bottom right – but I didn’t check the opening of the base card first!

Well, now we have a cascade of roses flowing from the top of the card! 🙂 🙂

Or I may have to cut this out as a panel for the front of another base card…….

 

 

20180305_083220

Some more monochrome flowers…..It seemed to take me forever to match the dies up the first time, but once done it’s easy.

 

I shall be entering the following challenges:

Color ThrowdownKraft, Pink, Grey

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – anything goes

Alphabet Challenge‘Y’ for your choice

Lilac Roses

Hello everyone. It’s been a week since I last posted, as I have been busy with family and hospital issues. I had a couple of hours this morning before going out again, so I gave myself permission to have a little crafty time.

This colours of this card were inspired by the current challenge from Color Throwdown, and I turned to a more clean and simple look.

The base card is Narwhal from Lawn Fawn, the white piece is cut with a Catherine Pooler die, and again embossed with a We R Memory Keepers embossing folder to give a really good 3D impression. The flowers are from Clearly Besotted and I used Altenew inks for each of the two layers for the roses, with a green Altenew ink for the leaves.

I die cut them, and arranged onto the white card, sticking them down with foam squares. As previously, I have not put a sentiment on it, but I may do in the future, though I quite like the look of the card as it is.

I will be entering the following challenges:

Color Throwdownlilac, green, grey, white

Addicted to Stamps and MoreCAS

Simon Says Stamp add a die cut

Clean and Simple on SundayCAS with dies

 

Butterflies

20180207_110000

I apologise now – I’ve been using a splattered piece of card again. This is the off-cut from a piece of water-colour card I used yesterday with the splattering. I saw this off-cut, which is quite a decent size, and decided to make a card for the current CASology challenge – Butterfly.

I had a hunt through my stash, and went for these two butterfly stamps from Catherine Pooler, along with a swirl which is also from Catherine Pooler.

I used my Misti to position the swirl, and stamped it a couple of times with a green Altenew ink, then stamped the butterflies with Altenew grey ink. The sentiment is from Catherine Pooler again, stamped using darker green Altenew ink.

The water-colour card is die cut using Lawn Fawn stitched rectangles, and the base card is Narwhal from Lawn Fawn – just to tie-in the colour of the butterflies.

I’ll try to steer away from splattering for a couple of days – but I can’t promise! 🙂

Mason Jars

Here is another card I made this weekend, and it caused a little bit of thinking. I had the background sorted, using an Altenew stamp ‘Wood Pallet background’, and used three different Altenew brown inks, haphazard inking of the background, to get a more washed and faded look.

Then I started thinking things through – a little too much maybe! Which style do I go for? single layers? Die-cutting and layering? Did I add some green to the background like the inspiration photo? You can see my decision there.

I took the mason jars from Stampin Up ‘Jar of Love’, did a couple of then jars – then the thinking again! Do I colour the water? Do I stamp the green stems – slightly faded – into the jar itself? Do I use the lids?

Well – I did colour some of the jars – didn’t like it at all! I also did some faded stems into the jars – liked it even less than colouring the jars!

So – after some internal debating I kept the jars white – no colour – just plain. And……I like the look as it seems to make them stand out more on the card. I added the little dew drops for a little interest, but basically kept them plain.

The flowers and stems were also from that same ‘Jar of Love’ stamp set, which I tried to attach to the card so they looked as though they were actually coming from the stems themselves…

As for a sentiment – I think I’ll wait until I actually want to use the card, as I feel it could be for men or women, and for many occasions……I always like to keep some cards behind ‘un-sentimented’ so I can use them at short notice.

I then finished the card off with a layer of Lawn Fawn ‘ground coffee’ card stock. (I did ‘gut’ the middle of the card for future use……) and attached to a white base card.

I shall be entering the following challenges:

The Card Conceptphoto inspiration

Addicted to Stamps and Moreanything goes