Monster Hugs

Hello there. I’ve had fun playing with this monster die set from Elizabeth Craft Designs – and getting inky and messy:

I first created a piece of card sprayed with a Tim Holtz green mica spray, layered several times and splattered with water. Once dry, I die cut the monster body.

The monster legs were die cut from a piece of card I had made previously – I think created with black soot, splattered with water and white acrylic paint, and a varnish added to create some shine.

The arms were die cut from a Distress Ink green background panel from a previous messy crafting session.

The eyes, flower and horns from the same panels used on the rest of the monster – but of course bright white teeth!

The background is a piece of patterned paper, dry embossed with a swirly embossing folder, and then Hero Arts white pigment ink swiped across the catch and highlight the raised areas.

The sentiment is from Elizabeth Craft Designs also – and placed as though the little monster is balancing on one leg on top of it.

I shall be entering the following challenges:

Color Throwdown black, brown, green, white

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge emboss it

We Love 2 Create anything goes mixed media

Moving Along With The Times – anything goes

Crafts Galore – anything goes

Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge anything goes with patterned paper

Addicted To Stamps and Moredie cuts and/or stencils

Christmas Words

Hello once again. ABC Christmas Challenge has started a new challenge using the letters ‘U’ and ‘V’. The host is Julie, and the themes using these letters are ‘Under the tree‘ and ‘Vocabulary‘ (use words). Here is my card:

Having bought this cover die for attending the recent Hero Arts Stamp-along, and having used the outside areas for the shaker card we made, I used the letters which were die cut to create this card.

I sprayed them with a Tim Holtz Mica Spray, and whilst I was being messy, I also sprayed a separate piece of card with the green mica spray too.

Once those letters had dried, I stacked them three times with white card stock. and when the green layer was dry I used a slimline die from Mama Elephant to create the scalloped frame.

The letters were added as you see. The scallop frame is raised using 3D foam strips, so I added the letters to get the same height all round, as they didn’t quite fit into the frame – but I wanted it to work so I just got on with it, and some part of the letters on the edge were glued directly onto the frame.

I’m loving playing with these mica sprays – loving it. They are so shiny and vibrant – you will definitely see more makes using these.

I hope you can come and join us with your Christmas makes following our two themes.

I shall be entering the following challenges:

Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge – anything goes Christmas

Christmas Cards All Year RoundChristmas with S or T (sprays, scallops)

Please feel free to copy to your sidebar
Grab our badge!

Shimmery leaves and a dove

Hi. I have been inspired to create this card using the elements from the current challenge at Festive Friday. They proved an inspiration list, and you have to use at least three elements from that list. I must admit I think I used more than three elements – I enjoyed playing and constructing my card. Here it is:

I started by using one of the new Tim Holtz mica sprays, and sprayed two pieces of card, as I knew I wanted at least a 6 inch square panel, and I also wanted to die cut the leaves from it.

Whilst that was drying, I die cut the dove from Simon Says Stamp – putting some tape on the back to hold all the pieces together – minus the legs. I couldn’t figure out a way to keep the legs on the dove – so it’s juts sitting there instead!

I then took another piece of black card and dry embossed the basket weave from We R Memory Keepers, by which time the sprayed panels were dry – and so, so shimmery!

I layered the square of green onto the black card base, added the embossed panel, then played the layout of the leaves, and ended up with them as you see. I didn’t stick the entire leaf down each time, leaving some just kinda flapping and giving movement, then added the dove with some foam squares.

So let’s have a look at the inspiration list:

It appears I used a dove, white, leaves, non-rectangular card base, die-cuts, and spritzing………

I shall also be entering this card into the current challenge at Beyond The Blue – with the theme of ‘let it shimmer’ – those mica sprays are really, really shimmery – whether I’ve managed to catch the shimmer in the photos or not – it’s certainly there. xx