Christmas and Pines

20171108_112321

20171108_112355

Hello everyone. A quick posting for today, as I made some Christmas cards last night. I was inspired by the Paper Players ‘Holiday Pines’ photograph, and hunted out my pine boughs and pine cone stamps.

The pine branches are from Catherine Pooler, and the pine cones are from Card-io/Majestix. I kept the feel quite vintage, and used a Stampin Up green for the branches, first and second generation stamping to create some dimension.

I then waited for the ink to dry, and stamped the pine cones in Ranger Perfect Medium, heat embossed with Creative Expressions gold embossing powder. I used the same embossing powder on the Altenew sentiment. I think I have captured some of the shine on the pine cones, but it really does look much better in ‘real life’.

I was so engrossed in making this card, and liked how it turned out, that I went on to make several of them. I may make some more changing it to silver embossing powder, but I don’t think it’ll turn out as effective – we shall see.

I shall be entering the following challenges:

The Paper Players photo inspiration Holiday Pines

Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challengeanything goes Christmas

The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challengeanything goes Christmas

Daring Cardmakers3 elements – foliage, green, gold

I hope you are taking part in the current Inkspirational challenge with me as Guest Designer – I look forward to seeing you there.

 

 

 

Hold on to each other

20171028_113608

Hello everyone, just one card for today, though I am playing with other cards during the weekend, and I am sure you will be seeing them at some point this week.

This card was quite a simple idea, though it took a little planning – and constant washing of my hands so I didn’t smudge anything!

I used a sentiment stamp from a Sheena Douglass set I have had for years, then a silhouette couple from an Altenew set, and a street light from a Card-io stamp set. Then I spent some time placing them on a card base to see where I wanted them to go. This actually took quite a bit of time, trial and error, in deciding the size and shape of card, too. I went with a 6 inch square card, and stamped just to one side, leaving a lot of open space.

I also added a yellow aura around the streetlight, and took some guidance from a recent craft show I watched from Card-io. I took a dry baby wipe, and some yellow Altenew ink, and first tried it on a scrap piece of paper – just rubbing around in a circle.

Then – I Took the plunge. Yellow aura stamped first – just in case – then used my Misti to stamp the other elements direct to the card base in Versafine Black Onyx. Then left it to dry before I touched it again. It is at this point that I usually pick the card up to have a close look at it – and smudge!

Not this time!

I left it alone for a good 15 minutes…….

I shall be entering this card into the following challenges:

CASologyCherish

The Card Conceptinspired by the lovey dovey two little birds

Hand Stamped Sentimentsinspired by black and the silhouettes

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challengeanything goes

 

 

Spitfire

Hello there, everyone. I have been playing with one of the stamps I bought at Doncaster last week. For some reason the spitfire stamp from Stamposaurus appealed to me on the day, and I have no idea why it did. My sister gave me rather a weird and strange look when she saw I had bought it! Then along came some challenges where I immediately thought of using it. How funny is that?

I stamped the image onto water-colour card, using Versafine black onyx, then turned my mind to how to colour the image, and using which of my mediums. I was using the colours from Color Throwdown – green, yellow, red, aqua – and knew I had to mix things up a little.

One of the images I coloured using my Zigs – the one with the lighter green, with red and yellow for the targets, and the other I used my Gansai Tambi water-colours. That all came together quite well, I thought. I had tried using some masking fluid over the plane, to ink blend the background, but the card didn’t like me removing it and then colouring on top of it……….became all bobbly and useless. I really don’t have much luck with that fluid!

For the background, I used a small paint brush to wet around the plane, then dabbed in some Catherine Pooler ‘Aquatini’ ink, which spread very nicely, I must say.

To put the card together, I folded and scored an A4 piece of card, then put the planes at a jaunty angle. One of the planes I coloured the whole of the base with the plane on it, the other I left ‘messy’. One of them I put the card down on the base without trimming, the other I put the card down off-setting it to the base card, then just trimmed around said base card.

I just happened to have a Card-io stamp set called ‘Up, up and away’, and used that for the sentiment. As if by magic, matched completely what I wanted to do.

I shall be entering this onto the following challenges:

Color Throwdowngreen, yellow, red, aqua

QKR Stampedeanything goes with twist up, up, an away

Just add ink photo inspiration

Happy Little Stampers water colour challenge anything goes optional twist blue