The same friend that gave me the idea of using peonies for the last post, gave me some threads to stitch some of my stitching dies. I used to cross-stitch and sew tapestry many years ago, but when I started to need glasses and a spotlight to sew, I gave all my stuff away.
Here is what I came up with:
The stitching die is from Spellbinders, and the layers die cut out of white card stock. I wanted the embroidery to stand out.
All the coloured card stock is from Concord & 9th, using some of their new colours. Once the three layers were die cut and stitched with a lilac, a pink, and a darker purple, I die cut the centre panel, and attached the three elements together.
A Briar Rose panel was dry embossed using a Spellbinders embossing folder, attached to the white card base, and the three die cut and sewn elements were added with 3D foam.
I then die cut some florals and leaves, layered them together and added to the centre panel. I decided to go with a landscape orientation, as I felt it suited the floral dies better.
The small sentiment is white heat embossed, and die cut with it’s matching die.
I added some purple sequins around the larger sewn piece, and three smaller purple onto the centre panel.
I shall be entering the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – anything goes
Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends – anything goes
Ally’s Angels – anything goes
Beautiful Blossoms – anything goes flowers/florals
Ellibelle’s I Spy Challenge – April showers or May Flowers