Stitched Flowers

Hi everyone, I have some days off now, and so will be able to spend some time in my craft room. It’s been busy at work, and – to be honest – I haven’t felt much like crafting when I got in.

However, having just received a Stampin Up order and the newest Catherine Pooler collection – on the same day!!!!! – well, those creative juices started to flow.

Even though this card isn’t using those new products, the die cuts were sitting on my craft table waiting for me to put this card together for this coming Sunday – Mother’s Day here in the UK:

I used some yellow Brusho’s and green Brusho’s on damp water-colour card, let it dry, then die cut these gorgeous Lawn Fawn ‘Stitched Flowers‘ dies.

I wanted a bright and colourful card, but not a solid yellow for the images. I did think about using my Copics for the yellow and green – but went with a more ‘uneven’ look.

The background is an embossing folder from Crafters Companion – a leaf image – and I think adds some detail to an otherwise too plain background. I didn’t try to match the folder on both layers, though I could have done, but again didn’t want such a structured look and taking away from the actual flower die cuts.

The card is actually 8 inches square, so I felt it needed something behind the flowers.

And I did it again with the sentiment – I stamped it after I had embossed the background, and after I had put the card together – thank goodness for the stamping platforms – that’s all I can say!!

I shall be entering this into the following challenges:

The Rainbow Card Challengeyellow

Watercooler Challenges occasions

Cut It Up Challenge – flowers and die cuts

Now I’m off to play with my new stuff…………. 🙂

Orange Wild rose

Hello again everyone. I have spent a lot of time in my craft room today, as an escape and a ‘take your mind off’ kinda day. I mentioned I had a poorly cat a couple of weeks ago – Spike – well overnight I took him to the vets, and had to make the decision to let him go. 😦

He has been with us for almost 15 years, a humongous black cat, but the time was right. We lost his brother last year, after a short illness, so at least we can put them both together when we get dear Spike back. We do have two other cats, which we bought to keep Spike company last year, so they are getting really, really spoiled today!

Crafting for me has always been a release, an escape, and a time for me to relax and concentrate on what I am doing at that point. I use crafting as a stress reliever, and sometimes just going and splashing some water-colour down on some card, colouring a little small image, adding some double-sided sticky sheet to some card ready for when I might need it again, is all it takes.

These cards are made using Brusho crystals on water-colour card, and die cutting the Altenew ‘3D Wild Rose‘ die set – once it had dried, of course:

Before I stuck the layers together, I splashed a little Winsor and Newton black water-colour onto them. I have splashed in the past, but this time I wanted actual ‘blackness’, not too watered-down. I also added some black Nuvo drops too.

The background is the Altnew ‘Cozy Flannel Cover Die‘, removing the larger white squares, but leaving the smaller pieces in the die cut. This was a little easier than thought it was going to be…….

The sentiment is also from an Altenew stamp set, and kept on a plain white strip so it doesn’t take away from the rose and leaves too much.

Here are the other versions:

and two waiting for me to add a sentiment:

I shall be entering one of these cards into the following challenges:

Watercooler Challengesall about occasions

Altenew February Challengepicture inspiration – inspired by a single flower

Toulouse background

Hello again. I have made variations of colours with this card layout, using a couple of recent purchases.

The card was inspired by the current challenge from Inspired By All The Little Things, using their photo inspiration.

I used the Memory Box ‘Toulouse Background‘ die, which I think matches the florals in the photograph, and I cut it out of a range of water-coloured card I had been using my Brushos and Distress Oxides on. I must say my fingers were definitely multi-coloured once I had finished playing!

The floral die was stuck down onto the Altenew ‘Water-colour Stripes Cover Die’ which I kept white for a more subtle background to the floral image. I initially stuck it down with Crafters Companion spray adhesive – again I am disappointed in that spray. The floral image came away from the background yet again, so much so that I could peel it away and run it through my Xyron machine for a more permanent adhesive. I think I’ll call into my local Crafters Companion shop to see if I am doing anything wrong!

Here are the other cards I made along the same theme:

The sentiments are all from Stamps By Me, using Versafine black onyx. The variations in the cards and the die cut-out are my me removing part of the frame just to see what effect it gives. I do like to snip my die-cuts occasionally.

Even though this looks quite a simple card to put together, it did take some faffing around with the glue, and re-gluing – annoying! Gotta love the Xyron!