Birthday Bloom

Having recently received a new die set from Altenew, I decided to play with it:

I die cut all the layers for the flower out of previously made Distress Ink smooshing pieces of card. The leaves were die cut from a panel I had created during a virtual mixed media class with Seth Apter, and I’ve been waiting for a time to be able to use that piece – lots of inks, even glitter paint, and texture paste which I think shows up on the second photo.

If I remember rightly, we also did a lot of scoring and scratching into that panel, used a few of his inks and pastes – and it created an overall shiny piece of card.

Onto a white card base I stuck down a panel embossed using a Spellbinders embossing folder recently received as part of the Maker Mania 5 weekend.

I then splattered Distress Oxide sprays onto it to match the colours of the flower.

I stuck together all the layers of the flower and leaves and created the spray as you see.

The sentiment is from an older MFT stamp set. As I had stamped the sentiment in black, I added some black enamel dots to the background to bring it all together.

I shall be entering the following challenges:

Tuesday Taggers add some texture

Everybody Art Challenge birthday

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge add a die cut

My Time To Craft embossing – wet or dry

We Love 2 Createanything goes mixed media

Creative Artiste Mixed Media – anything goes mixed media

Sketch and Tulips

20180613_162841

Hello again. I have one card for you today. This card took a bit of figuring out, but I managed without too much hassle – but there certainly was hassle!

I used the current sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch, and started by die cutting the circle. Then I wanted a flower, and looked at all my layering flowers, and decided to go with this stamp set from The Ton – ‘Fresh Cut Tulips‘. Then the fun began…..

I wanted the flower to be on the outside of the circle, as well as the inside, and didn’t want to cut around it. I placed both pieces of card into my Misti, decided where I wanted to stamp, and began by stamping the flower and leaves onto the bottom piece. I then took the top piece and laid it down, removed the bottom piece, and stamped again.

I didn’t layer the leaves, I just stamped them in one colour green, but I did layer the tulip itself. I managed to keep each piece of card straight, no moving – this sometimes still happens with the Misti – and I liked how this turned out.

I then took the top piece of card and embossed it with a Spellbinders embossing folder, to add more interest. I didn’t want another colour, and the white looked too plain for me.

I then wanted a sentiment which matched the flower, and I thought this was ideal. This was stamped with Versafine black onyx and stuck down with 3D foam pads.

I shall be entering the following challenges:

CAS(E) This Sketchsketch

Addicted To Stamps and Moreanything goes